|New Zealand Bus Services|
|Home Ferry Services Ferry Timetables & Reservations National Bus Routes National Bus Stops National Accommodation Help|
|Frequently Asked Ferry Travel Questions -|
* Do I need to make a make travel reservation
* When should I check in
* How many bags can I take onboard the ferry
* I am travelling with a bicycle or large/oversize luggage
* What if my baggage is oversize or overweight
* Can I send unaccompanied luggage on a ferry
* Can I take my pet on the ferry
* Airport Transfers and Connecting Flights
Do I need to make a
If you are travelling as a walk-on passenger, you need to check in at the
terminal at least 45 minutes prior to the departure time of your sailing.
- Hand Baggage
Small hand baggage can be taken onboard our vessels as personal hand
luggage and at the owner's risk. Coin operated lockers are available onboard
for the storage of these small items.
Larger baggage, including backpacks, must be checked-in at the Wellington or Picton terminals. Baggage can then be collected from the carousels at the port of arrival. Except for sporting equipment (refer below), we will not accept individual baggage items which exceed either 32 kilograms in weight, or 200 linear centimetres (height + length + width) in dimension. For safety reasons, there are no exceptions to the weight restriction.
The luggage allowance is two (2) items of baggage per person. Additional baggage items in excess of this may be carried, subject to restrictions of availability, weight and size. Additional items will incur an additional cost.
Special baggage arrangements for groups can be made at the terminals
prior to departure; enquire at the baggage check-in area.
Sporting equipment, such as surfboards, golf clubs, canoes and bicycles,
can be carried on our vessels, for an additional cost of NZ$15 per item.
Due to safety reasons, we can not accept oversized (exceeding 200 linear centimetres height + length + width in dimension) or overweight (exceeding 32 kilograms) baggage.
However, Interislander offers noddies (small baggage carts) in order to transport oversize or overweight baggage. The cost of this service is $50 ($30 for Nautical Miles members).
Please note that if the baggage exceeds the size of the noddie, it can
not be accepted for travel.
Yes, you can take your pets on the ferry. Animals will be accepted on our vessels as follows:
- Only Disability Assist Dogs may remain in the company of their owner. There is no charge for Disability Assist Dogs.
- Dogs may be placed in dog kennels, at an additional charge of $15 per kennel. The kennels are various sizes, however typically they are approximately 800w x 800h x 600d and are located on the vehicle decks and are fully under cover. They are metal construction with grills in the door. There are water bowls available for the kennels and a hose nearby. These are limited in number, and therefore it is necessary to book early. Please bring a blanket to make the dog more comfortable on the steel kennel floor.
- All animals are carried at the owners' risk.
Airport Transfers and Connecting Flights
- Connecting to an Australian flight at Wellington
If you are connecting to a mid-afternoon international flight at Wellington Airport we do not consider the 10:05am departure from Picton allows sufficient time to make your connection.
- How long does it take to get between the Wellington ferry terminal and the Wellington airport?
It is recommend that you allow 30-45 minutes for a taxi ride between the Wellington Ferry terminal and Wellington Airport International terminal.
- Is there a shuttle or other transfer between the Wellington ferry terminal and the airport?
There are no direct transfers, we recommend that you use a taxi. These are conveniently located outside both the ferry and airport arrival terminals.
|Copyright © 2010-2017 - BM Marketing - All Rights Reserved|